This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.
I skipped last week with this meme – and as much as I didn’t want to, I was doing something very, very worthwhile instead. You see, my little sister Meggan got married!
Her story will be up on the photographer’s blog (TessaMarie.com) in the upcoming weeks – but she got married in our family’s backyard – which was my grandparents and great-grandparents backyard. Hours of love went into every single detail and trust me – it’s worth the time to “Like” Tessa’s Facebook page and favorite her blog to see the gorgeous photos that will be going up.
That said – now I’ve been reading like a fiend, since I actually have time to do so!
Books I’ve read these past weeks (Links to reviews):
- Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fales-Hill
- Juliet in August by Dianne Warren
- Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel
- What You Wish For by Kerry Reichs
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
- Mrs. Robinson’s Disgrace by Kate Summerscale
- The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
- The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
- The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesly
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Dark Companion by Marta Acosta
- Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- The Innocents by Francesca Segal
- Advent by James Treadwell – just could not get into this one.
- Istanbul Passage by Joseph Kanon – the galley I received for this one made it too difficult to follow.
- Earth to Hell by Kylie Chan – Discovered there are three books preceding this one!
Books to read this week: