Hosted by Roof Beam Reader
The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2011 or later (any book published in the year 2010 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky below – link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review. Every listed book must be completed and must be reviewed (doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
3. The link you post in the Mr. Linky below must be to your “master list” (see mine below). This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge). See THIS LINK for an idea of what I mean. Your list must be completed by December 31st, 2011.
4. Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Come back here if/when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that you CONQUERED YOUR 2012 TBR LIST! Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
5. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published pre-2011!
*Note – You can read the books on your list in any order; they do not need to be read in the order you have them listed. As you complete a book – review it, and go back to your original list and turn that title into a link to the review - that will keep the comments section here from getting ridiculously cluttered. For an example of what I mean, Click Here.
My Tentative List (highlighted once reviews are done):
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton - Read 1/4/12
- The Sugarless Plum by Zippora Karz
- Black Stars in a White Night Sky by JonArno Lawson
- Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro – Read 1/1/12
- The Last Aloha by Gaellen Quinn
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- A Mercy by Toni Morrison
- Kydd by Julian Stockwin - Read 1/2/12
- Americans in Space by Mary E. Mitchell – Read 7/11/12
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Atilla by William Napier
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula le Guin
- The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl